i don’t have any resources unfortunately bc mostly i worldbuild in my spare time but
1) listening to music can help fuel the imagination
2) if you have some time in which you’re not doing anything really imperative, take some time to brainstorm
3) people who aren’t me like to write things down to remember them so if that helps you definitely do that
4) draw inspiration from the things you know, your life, the lives of your friends and family, things you like, things you can see out the window etc.
5) start with a base outline. a sketch. like a map, or a few key ideas about mythology or about a plot or some important buildings or landmarks
6) try not to think to yourself: “no, that’s stupid”, “nobody would find that interesting”, “but i know nothing about [x topic] or [y topic]”. impeding yourself impedes creativity! you’re the one in charge of your own imagination, who is there to judge the measure of your ideas? if you think something lacks a sort of glamour, then add something that makes it more interesting to you. finally, not knowing a whole lot about a certain topic is an excellent excuse to learn more about it! do research, watch movies, ask people about it and see what they know.
7) this is gonna sound horribly cheesy but, you should always try to have fun! nothing’s going to go well if you’re not enjoying yourself at least a little bit. it gets easier after a while!
8) you could probably find some worldbuilding resources i’ve forgotten about if you dig around in my #ref tag.
that’s all the wisdom i can recall atm but i gotta go to school like rn so i hope all this works out for you and i hope i could help a bit!
Art dump part 4
okay story time
so my art teacher assigned us to do a chalk pastel still life of fruits n shit and I was like “no”
so I drew a banana instead.
and my teacher came by like “you need to have more than one fruit in your still life”
so I was like “k”
and so I put that cherry on top of the banana and titled it “Banana Split Without The Ice Cream Because Life Is Full Of Disappointments: By Fall Out Boy" and I turned that shit in.
My art teacher just started laughing out loud in the middle of class
who made this chicken 🐓 by Chip Hoch
What the hell is this Nintendo WHAT THE HELL IS THIS oh my god
Evolution is a cruel, sick joke.